Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sales!



I went for an interview today for a sales position. Yeah, I know. I have zero sales experience and I really don't think I would do well in this type of position. Anyways, I show up to the interview and forget to bring a copy of my resume. I'm sitting in the lobby with three other candidates who are dressed to the nines and look like they are straight out of college. And, of course, they all remembered to bring a copy of their resumes. Oi. Fast forward to the actual interview. Some sample questions and my answers:

Where do you see yourself in three to five years? (Legitimate question.)
My answer?: I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do and where I fit in.

Do you see yourself as management material?
My answer?: No. I have management experience and I didn't feel like I was able to answer my staffs' questions.

The guy explains the position and the company then asks, "Does this sound like something you would be interested in pursuing?"
My answer?: Yeah, sure, why not?

I have to admit, it was the most candid I have ever been in an interview. I wasn't really invested in the position and didn't expect for them to contact me regarding a second interview. But, uh, yeah, they did. I have to call back tomorrow and respectfully decline. I don't think sales is for me.

The good news is that I have a phone interview tomorrow, a second interview for a therapy position next week, and another interview next week. Things are starting to pick up, so there is hope for me yet. One day, I will be employed again! Let's just hope it isn't sales. Or management.

No comments:

Post a Comment